Larson-Allmaras Emerging Issues in Soil and Water Lectures
William E. Larson and Raymond R. Allmaras Emerging Issues in Soil and Water Lectures
Among the principal concerns for the 21st century are food security, global sustainability of natural resources, and healthy environment. Soil and water sciences play a critical role in addressing these concerns. This lecture series provides a forum to explore emerging issues, to inspire creative thinking, and to recognize excellence in the broad area of agricultural research with specific emphasis on soil and water.
- Soil, water, atmospheric resources: their analysis, integration, use, and associated information delivery systems.
- Management and conservation of soil and water resources.
- Judicious use and management of agricultural chemicals for water quality maintenance and crop production.
- Soil and water research and education that benefit agriculture while improving and protecting the environment.
- 2019 - Dr. Satish Gupta | Advancing Science, Solving Problems, and Seeking Scientific Truth | Watch the Recording Online
- 2018 - Dr. Eric Davidson | Manure Happens | Watch the Video on YouTube | Watch the WebEx Recording Online
- 2017 - Dr. David Lobb & Dr. Don Flaten | Sources of Sediments and Phosphorus to Lake Winnipeg: Matching Causes with Cures
- 2016 - Dr. Jerry L. Hatfield | ClimateSmart Agriculture: Can we assemble the puzzle correctly?
- 2015 - Dr. Raj Khosla | Eureka! Precision Agriculture for Small Scale Farming Systems
- 2014 - Dr. Diana H. Wall | Soil Biodiversity
- 2013 - Dr. Ronald F. Follet & Dr. Mark B. David | Agriculture and Environment
- 2012 - Dr. Ken Cassman | Food Security
- 2011 - Dr. Paul M. Bertsch | Nano-technology
- 2010 - Dr. Henry Janzen | Carbon Cycling
- 2009 - Dr. G. Philip Robertson | Ecology and Modern Agriculture
- 2008 - Dr. Bob A. Stewart & Mr. Robin O'Malley | National Environmental Indicators
- 2007 - Dr. Gary W. Petersen & Dr. Ronald Amundson | Land Use
- 2006 - Dr. Bruce E. Dale & Dr. Richard M. Cruse | Bioenergy
- 2005 - Dr. R. Wayne Skaggs | Agricultural Drainage
- 2004 - Dr. R. Eugene Turner | Hypoxia
- 2003 - Dr. Rattan Lal | Carbon Sequestration