Minnesota Phosphorus Index Workshop Presentations
Using the Minnesota Phosphorus Index to Reduce Risk of P Loss
This workshop was presented January 26th to February 3rd in Crookston, Staples, Willmar, Lamberton, and Rochester, MN.
About 40 people attended at each location. Participants included crop consultants, private agronomists, farmers, and employees from the NRCS, Soil and Water Conservation Districts, Watershed Districts, and other state and federal agencies.
- Phosphorus in the soil/water system phosphorusbasicsmoncrief.pdf -John Moncrief
- The philosophy and components of the MN P Index pindexoverviewmoncrief.pdf -John Moncrief
- Demonstration of the program -Ed Dorsey
- Hands-on practice -Ed Dorsey/Ann Lewandowski
- Effective use of the MN P Index effectiveuse0601.pdf -Ann Lewandowski
- Comparison of P Indexes from MN, WI, and IA compareindexes0601.pdf -Ann Lewandowski
- Agency perspectives on application of P Index:
To read pdf files, you may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The workshop was organized by the UMN Dept of Soil, Water, & Climate in cooperation with the MN Dept. of Agriculture, MN Pollution Control Agency, USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service, and the UMN Extension Service.